Several years back I learned the word "Mantra." I have occasionally thought, "I'd like to have a mantra. What is my mantra?"
I decided today that I am going to claim a mantra for 2006. Hopefully it will last. I am actually not sure if limiting a mantra to a year’s time contradicts the true meaning of a mantra, but I'm going to make my own rules.
I was looking over some of my recent journal entries both from the end of 2005 and the beginning of 2006 and some entries not so recent and see a common thread of being amazed by God but also in awe of His mystery, His power, His love, and any other of the billions of ways to describe the God of the Universe and His Son, Jesus.
So the mantra I am claiming for myself is, "Be in Awe of the King."
This week and I'm sure for days, weeks, months and years to come, I am in awe that Jesus is the great Healer. I spoke with a friend who was recently healed of terminal cancer; he is 60+ years old, after two different scans on different occasions they can find no trace of cancer in his body. He is healed. He told me and other friends about his journey of faith and prayer, you should know he also took chemo and vitamins, but attributes the work of the medication and his whole healing to the Lord. All of this to say, God does heal just like he was the healer in the Bible. Jesus wants to heal everyone, but the truth remains we live in a fallen world.
I am in Awe of the Mystery of our great Healer. What is healing? How should we pray? If faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains of course the same faith can remove cancer, but then there's that all familiar, "If it's God's will." Please know I do not say that lightly. I believe God's will is perfect, good and perfect. I know there are simplified answers to these questions but I also know there is mystery to them that we will never understand this side of heaven. So I am choosing to believe that God is the Great Healer. God hears his people. He hears me. I choose to pray for healing for a friend of mine with cancer (lung and brain) and believe that no matter what healing "means" for him, God is good and has good and perfect plan for my friends’ life. I believe I don't have to understand. I have faith that God is the great healer and I am in AWE!
Please pray for this friend. Pray, believing God for healing.
How are you "In Awe of the King?"
If you were to claim a mantra for 2006 what would you choose?
1 comment:
my mantra "Live the Adventure." Great thoughts Correnta.
Post a Comment