Friday, April 21, 2006

Out of the Abyss....

Ahhhh Where did I go?? Well actually I got kind of busy with life and work. Hopefully this will be the blog that brings my mind out of the blog block and back into the blog world.



I just had to write today because tomorrow is a special holiday…Spring Game! And this year K-State is throwing a HUGE all day party to celebrate.
I not completely sure why, but for some reason I love football and K-State football tops the list – no matter how they’re playin’.

So tomorrow morning kicks off Fan Fest, a BBQ contest, a Carnival, Battle of the Bands (no, not “marching bands”), the K-State/KU baseball game, and then at 6pm………..KICK OFF! Purple vs. White.

You know, I’m not a coach or anything, I do know a few things about football, but I think the thing that gets me so fired up over the Spring Game is that it means it’s coming, the long winter is over, the guys are working hard and Fall is coming, Football is returning, OH Happiness!

Now nothing beats out Jesus, he is still Number One in my heart. But God knows all and He did give us football and for that I am grateful.

I’m sure this blog makes me sound crazy. But really it’s just like any other favorite thing, some people like amusement parks (I do like them) others of us would choose a K-State football game over an amusement park any day.

Enjoy your Saturday, and to those of you living in Manhappenin’ I’ll meet ya at the turf!
Bill Snyder Family Stadium that is!

4 comments:

Jill Pole said...

Ah, H... I love ya' girl, but I won't be at the turf! :-) :-) Have a great, great time and I can't wait to hear your enthusiasm and perceptions of the team. What do you think of the new coach???

Blythe Lane said...

I totally resonate with you, friend! I feel the exact same way about my Sooners. I'm jealous of you though...our Red/White game was a couple of weeks ago and some gals actually had the nerve to schedule some wedding showers on it!! Go figure. So, I couldn't go. Was very sad.

There is something about college football season that just gets me all giddy. Somewhere around the end of July, early August I can just smell it in the air...just thinking about it makes me tingly all over! :-)

Enjoy the day, Lady!!

Sandie said...

Well, Corenta, I'm so glad you are back blogging! I enjoy your enjoyment of the Wildcats and hope yesterday lived up to your expectations. Tell whoever gets your cheesecake at the auction that I am totally jealous!!
Love you!

Luke said...

I will have to admit I have been quite impressed with Coach Prince. He seems to be incredibly bright, wity, intelligent and politically very savvy. He is quite different in style from his predicesor but I really like the few things that I have read about him. I see good things in the future for the Wildcats. Honestly I am not a fan of the Purple but I have been impressed so that I could find myself, depending on the opponent, rooting for the 'Cats just because of who it appears Coach Prince to be. He has a bright future.