Thursday, April 05, 2012

Mr. E turns 2

I can't believe our baby is two! It has gone by too fast.
We celebrated with our sweet neighbors who took these pictures for us & somehow I didn't get a picture of them. :(
Mr. E had a great time and we are so thankful for the blessing he is to our family.



Mr. E you are so happy when you see TRACTORS, TRAINS, TRUCKS and DOGS.
You call your stuffed bear "baby" which sounds like "BB" in a squeaky voice.
In recent weeks you have formed an opinion of your own and you are not shy to voice it, which is usually in the form of a very high pitched scream & a very red face.
You LOVE being OUTSIDE! You would play at a park until you pass out from exhaustion, if we would let you stay that long. When it is time to leave the park you kick and scream, no matter how long or short our time there has been.
You love to run and you are fast!
You make us all laugh and give the best hugs.
We love you buddy!

4 comments:

Erika said...

Did you make that cake?? You are awesome if you did. How do you make the frosting stick so well and not slide all over the place?

Heather said...

Eeka,
Yes I made the cake. In true Heather form I made it very complicated and time consuming. LOL

The trick to icing a cake and not having it slide off is to frost a "crumb layer"

After baking a cake and letting it cool, I put it in the fridge or freezer, wherever I have room. Let the cake get a little stiff from the coolness.

Then I take the cake out and put a very thin layer of frosting on the cake, if there are crumbs in this layer of frosting, no worries. Then put it back on the fridge until the frosting is cold.

Then I take the cake out again and frost away, it will stick great.
If working with buttercream then after it is frosted you can dip your spatula in very warm/hot water, dry off and smooth out the frosting.

Hope that helps.

s for the tractor there were many tight spots to frost so I used paintbrushes from Wilton to literally paint frosting on the cake for the crumb layer. I used the paint brush to paint the final frosting on the tires too, it gave them a more realistic look & less black frosting to discolor our teeth. ;)

kim said...

i love the family pic! and the how-to. counting the days til may! big love. i have his gift just need to send it, gotta find a hat
=) <3
kim

Christy said...

GREAT CAKE!!!! Nice work!