Currently I do not want to post about myself, but about a sweet little boy and his family that would appreciate all the prayers you could pray for them. The little boy is Matt (9 years old), my cousin, and he is in Minneapolis for a bone marrow transplant. After 5 long years of searching they have not found a perfect match but they have found a match that is close so they are going to try it. We are trusting God for Big Big things. We have seen the faithfulness of God in many ways, not to mention His healing touch in the life of Alex, Matthew's big sister, who is now five years past her own bone marrow transplant for the same health reasons.
I could type and type about how precious these children are (like all children). Please Pray, link to their website, just a click away, look left and click "Alex and Matt" or www.alexandmatt.com
Matt's mom, Diane, keeps a jounal on their webpage so you can keep posted of how things are progressing. They are now at the Ronald McDonald house and Matt is recovering from some surgery prep. like procedures to prepare his body for the actual transplant. Things are difficult, his body is under a lot of stress - this seems like such an understatement.
Actual Transplant is Scheduled for July 13th.
The journal entry Diane posted today reads:
I am happy to report, Matt is doing much better..still very sore from surgery and worn out, but pukes are gone and he is recovering as expected. The kid is one tough cookie...he scrunches up his face with pain, but hardly cries. His nurses are amazing and they share good jokes. So, it is getting better...can you imagine how many times I have repeated, "All things are possible with God" in just three days? I will detail more later as the day is packed with more tests. Alexandra is coughing a little, but got some arts and crafts time yesterday here with the RM crew and today gets to go Strawberry picking up at White Bear LAke with them, too. She needs a good distraction and is the best little nurse for her brother...I am quite proud of them both to say the least!
A few days ago Diane posted this verse, I think it is a good word to be praying for all of them.
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
Posted by Diane Pearl
Austin (big brother), Diane, Mark
Matthew and Alex

No comments:
Post a Comment