Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Yummy!!!


My new favorite recipe...and who would have guessed Salmon! Not me...but I love it. I actually made it twice last week and truthfully I'd eat it again tomorrow, but I don't want to burn myself out on it. I don't really enjoy eating fish, but I feel like I should for certain nutrient reasons. Well, now I get the best of both worlds.
You have to try this recipe - even if you're not sure. Let me know what you think.
Props to All Recipes.com and to Arnie Williams, who submitted the recipe.
Also, we have Dillions (Kroger grocery) here and they sell individual portions of Salmon for $1/4oz serving...amazing price!
I served it with roasted potatoes, and a spinach salad w/ dried cranberries and a sweet vinaigrette dressing.

Baked Dijon Salmon
Submitted by: Arnie Williams Rated: 5 out of 5 by 993 members
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 35 Minutes Yields: 4 servings
"Salmon fillets brushed with honey and Dijon mustard, coated with bread crumbs and baked."

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 teaspoons chopped fresh
parsley
4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, for garnish
DIRECTIONS:
1.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.
In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
3.
Brush each salmon fillet lightly with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the bread crumb mixture.
4.
Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with a wedge of lemon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Today is Andy's 25th birthday. He is home from OR for 2 - 4 weeks, maybe forever. He can't make up his mind. And since salmon is this great brain food, high in antioxidants and good stuff like that I am making him good food so he can make up his mind. I hope it is not too delicious as he will never leave then. By the way, it is really hard to read yellow print when you print off the recipe from your blog..... But then, you know how hard it is to walk from the bedroom to your bathroom ( a nornally easy act) except when Shotz has been by.... So we are even, I hope. Love, Dee

Heather said...

for my friend DH...I changed the recipe from yellow to red, hope this helps with the printing...thanks for letting me know for the future I don't want people to strain their eyes when they are trying to read a yummy recipe. I know how it is when you want to get cooking.
Tell Andy I can't wait to see what he decides for his next life adventure (KS or OR) either way I think God has great things instore for him.
And yes, we're "even"
no worries.
I still love Shotz the dog.

Luke said...

Yummm...that looks so good. I'm gonna have to give it a shot sometime soon.