Friday, November 10, 2006

Great Friends & Great Finds

My Roommate (top pic, gal on the far left) had a birthday at the beginning of October. Some friends and I surprised her with a trip to Chicago to see her dream...The Broadway musical, "Wicked"
The musical was/is amazing! The trip was so fun I so enjoyed my time running around Chicago with you gals

Ethels Chocolate Lounge...someone please open this store in my town!!! I will work there! I'm telling you people, you have got to check out an ethel's chocolate lounge near you, and if there isn't one, they hop on a plane to Chicago...it is one of the greatest places in America. And the chocolate is amazing!! Oh, if I lived on the same street with Ethel, I could be a city girl just to live by her.
I could go there every day for a taste of chocolate, a coffee and a chat with friends or read a book.

We had lots of other fun on our trip, seeing art, eating out, shoping, the L-train, people watching, laughing laughing laughing, and just enjoying time away from real life. Happy Birthday roommie, I had a blast celebrating you and your day.


Basically, my friends are awesome and Chicago is a great place to visit, I can't wait to go again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heather... i totally agree. WICKED is awesome. i was in chicago in august, on business, and i went to the musical. bob knew how much i loved it so he is treating me to a trip back in late january! his alma mater is having an alumni event which includes the musical. i am so pumped. we will have to look for ethel's. thanks for the tip. see you saturday! d

Athena+ said...

Great times. I had so much fun. It was such a great gift. Love you lots.