Friday, April 03, 2009

Girl Time...no...Escape Time

I need some girl time. Make that Woman time.
No, what I really want is Escape Time.
I'm not looking for deep conversation. In fact, I would like to turn my brain OFF for a little while. No thinking,"What's for dinner?" or "Let's see I have 'X' amount of time until...baby needs food or nap or diaper change, etc." or "What can I learn from my Bible study today" or "What do I have to offer to this conversation?"

I'm realizing this because my husband is enjoying a weekend with the guys and I'm home caring for our sweet baby (who really has been sweet) and wondering when the last time was I had a really good laugh (that was not related to something my child was doing). Adam called last night to say good night and he and his buddy were cracking up - I'm jealous.

Anyway, I saw a trailer for a Movie coming out May 1st called Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, staring Matthew McConaugh*ey and Jennifer Gar*ner. Looks like a total chick flick and a great way to just eat junk food and turn my mind off for 2 hours. I know it's a month away, but seriously, anyone else want to make a date of it? Any other mommies want to check out for 2 hours and eat buttery popcorn with me? I'm totally serious!

Who's in?

While I wait for May 1st, I am calling to make an appt to get a massage next week. I have a gift certificate from Valentine's Day and I'm cashing it in! :)

6 comments:

Marie said...

Whoa...

I just thought the exact same thing about the exact same movie tonight! Yes I feel exactly the same way! Babies are hard!

Em said...

Oh, I wish we lived in the same city! I'd be there in a heartbeat!!

Erin said...

I would love to join you if I lived closer! I can totally relate. See you soon :)!

Ginger said...

I commented on your facebook note, but I would love to join you! I know I'm still 6wks away from being a mommy, but does that count? :) Keep me posted!

Erika said...

If I lived in w-town, I'd totally do it! Sounds like a blast to hang out and just talk with you. I miss you! If you come here, maybe we can get Joy and Ga to come to. ;)

Beth said...

Okay so maybe I should move into your basement and I could also make a special 4 hour trip just for that b/c I want to see that movie so bad and I'm like the only person who has seen the previews for it out of my friends.