Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baby Room & Furniture update...

Still waiting on baby crib & dresser. I did FINALLY get the furniture store to answer the phone. I called every 2 min today until I got a real person and not the answering machine. The store says they will make some calls to track our furniture and we should hear something Monday afternoon. Of course Baby E will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for several weeks so it's not a huge deal, BUT it would just be nice to not have to worry about picking up furniture & assembling a crib while trying to care for two kids and a healing momma.

I've been waiting to post pictures of the baby room until the furniture was in and things hung on the walls but alas we are still waiting. For now I will share with you the few things that we do have done. The room in painted. Curtains are hung (although they need hemmed) and we have a changing table (reused from Baby K, but with new totes that are more masculine). Oh and we did get a picture of a GTO ordered and it is now framed and waiting to be hung.
Here is a slide show of what we have so far. If you want to know how to paint perfect stripe on a wall read my note below the slide show.

Perfect Painted Stripes are not that hard!
Thanks to my friend Janae for her FABULOUS tip!
So we painted the wall the main wall color.
When it was dry we used a laser level to tape the stripe(s). After the painters tape is up, use the same paint you have painted the main part of the wall to seal off the edge of the tape. Give the paint time to dry. Your tape is now sealed. Paint your stripe. Let dry. Peel back your tape pulling it diagonally toward the newly painted stripe.

Since we had several stripes of different colors we taped & painted ours in the following order:
First the white, taped it off, sealed with gray paint, painted white, then pulled up all tape from white stripes.
Then taped off areas for the black and red stripes,
sealed the tape with white paint,
then painted with black and red. removed tape.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I gotta get over and see it!!!!!!! Tuesday, I'll come by have a look and then we go meet Isaac. O.K.?

Gail said...

Sooo cute, Heather! You're amazing! Can't wait to hold baby Eli!

Christy said...

Looks GREAT, Heather!

Michelle said...

Heather, I can't believe I didn't mention this. When we were waiting for Will's furniture FOREVER, the owners said they would deliver and set-up for FREE because of how long our wait had been. We ended up getting our baby furniture elsewhere, but you may want to ask about that the next time you talk with the owners. Just a thought!