Thursday, September 15, 2011

Life as a tourist...

It's fun to live around so many things to do.
This past weekend we went to Ballard Locks to watch boats transport between fresh water and salt water and each body of water is a different "height" (not sure how to phrase that), so basically the locks are a man made way to help the boats cross from one to the other without problem. I haven't quite taken the time to understand this but it was cool to watch in action.
They have also made a Salmon Ladder which helps the salmon swim upstream and cross from one body of water to the other, although I cannot remember if they are going from fresh to salt or vice versa. I'm no expert (obviously) and I'm too busy chasing a 3 year old & asking if she needs to go potty to spend my time reading signs. Adam reads them & then tries to explain them to me and these are my muddled & confused explanations. haha
Here are some pictures.


We spent Wednesday in Seattle. We road the train, along the coast from Edmonds (which is a town very near our home) to Seattle and then back. It was cheap and fun. We enjoyed the water and the outline of mountains on the horizon. I wish we had taken more pictures, but we were busy having fun & making KJ hold our hand against her will.


All you moms out there can rejoice with me that we are on day 3 of no diapers with KJ, not even at bedtime! I decided to just go for it in the city & prayed we would find bathrooms when we needed them. I was very aware to ask her when I saw clean bathrooms(Thanks Bob A. for the "Always Try" FOCUS advice, it has forever heightened my awareness of bathrooms when away from home. LOL.)

No comments: