Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Arts

Did I drop off the face of the planet or what?! It's been almost a month since I took the time to write something. Thanks for sticking with me.

This week has been too cool for words and it's only Tuesday night! On Sunday night my roommates and I went to see a production called Barrage. I had no idea what to expect but when the lights turned down and the curtain opened it was like the child inside me burst into life, I was on the edge of my seat just waiting to see what would happen next. I wanted to skip and dance all over the place. The colors, the lights, the music, the magic, it was too much! I may sound crazy or cheesy but I had forgotten how much I love live theatre. You should check out the website for Barrage,
www.barrage.org. To write about it would not do it justice, but on their website you can look at pictures, listen to the music and even download a clip or two (I think). Basically it is the story of a band of gypsies, and a mixture of fast playin' fiddles and stomp moves, if you can't have fun watching this, I'm not sure you like fun.
Thanks roommie for gifting your housemates with a night at the theatre. What a treat!

That was Sunday, today is Tuesday and another friend asked me to go and see the local high school musical, Seussical the Musical. First off the gal who played the Kangaroo is AMAZING! I teared up when she was singing, she wasn't even singing something sad, her voice just brought me to tears of amazement. The Cat in the Hat was great and my other favorite was Gertrude the bird with the one feather tail. Gertrude, you too can sing and I can't believe you're only a high school student!

And finally today, before actually making it to the high school musical another good friend of mine asked it I would go home with her this weekend to see her niece in the high school musical, The Wizard of Oz. So I thought, why not, it seems to be a week for the arts!

Here's wishing everyday could have a little make believe in it,
Where's the kid in you? Have you seen 'em lately??

I think I need to play more.
To all my friends who keep dreaming of our infamous "Musical" theme party, I am more up for it than ever! Bring on the tunes and pull out a costume. :)

No comments: