
I LOVE THESE! Every sore nursing momma should give them a try!
Baby E is here and nursing a newborn has begun. The engorgement, the cracking, the soreness, etc. I actually enjoy nursing a baby, just have to get through those first few weeks of the discomfort and then it's really one of my favorite times with my baby.
Thursday was day 1 of real pain on one side. I went to see the lactation nurse right away. I know soreness is normal, even some cracking but I wanted to do everything I could as soon as I could so that baby would eat, so that I wouldn't dread feeding him and most of all so that I wouldn't get an infection &/or lose my milk supply.
Aside from the usual tips, using breast milk to heal the crack, using lanolin as well, time and patience, the Lactation Consultant said that several women have found that gel pads can be helpful & suggested I stop by Ta*rget to pick some up and give them a try.
This momma gives them 5 HUGE STARS!!!!! I SO SO Wish I had these when I was starting the nursing process with my daughter.
You can just put these right on, or as the instructions suggest, you can put them in the fridge for a few min and then put them on for extra soothing relief. the gel of the pad has lanolin and some other goodness to give you relief and help you heal faster, and provides some cushion for extra comfort so you can just enjoy your baby.
I used breast milk on my sore spot, let it air dry and then applied the gel pads, I did this for about 48 hours and today has honestly been a great day of nursing.
You still need to use nursing pads with the gel pads b/c they are not meant to absorb milk or keep you from leaking.
4 comments:
oh that would have been SO nice! especially during the cracking, bleeding phase! thanks for sharing!
I agree- these were my saving grace in the begining- i remember sending my mom out late one night to find them!
i think i actually sighed out loud when i remembered these. i'm with you...they are AWESOME!!! and i, too, didn't hear about them until #2, and wished that i would have had them the first time around! but i didn't know you could buy them at Target! (i got mine at the hospital.) i may just have to start adding these to my gifts at baby showers!!
Christy, I had the same thought about Baby Shower gifts. If I know someone wants to BF their baby I'm totally tossing these in with the gift. They have saved me so many tears.
Post a Comment