Sunday, April 04, 2010

Not your everyday Grandma...


I called my grandma today to say Happy Easter. My aunt answered the phone & my grandma was busy doing some "spring cleaning" outside with my uncles. My aunt proceeds to tell me about their day so far and I was laughing so hard!

There is a basketball goal that has been attached to a light pole at the end of my grandma's driveway (the pole does not have a light attached * serves no purpose other than holding the goal). I don't remember the last time someone actually played basketball there, and the goal is very high up. So here is the story...
Last night while leaving to go out to eat, my grandma reminded my uncle to be careful backing out the car to not hit the pole
My uncle: "If I had my chainsaw with me I would take care of that pole for you." (Note, my uncle is visiting from out of state)
Grandma: "Well I have a chainsaw." (she says in a matter-of-fact way)
LOL - obviously! Because every one's 76 yr old grandma has a working chainsaw, right? Oh, she is funny!

But it gets better.

My grandma had been outside for awhile watching them take down the pole and she came inside to get something. My aunt asked her how things were going and in the most casual way my grandma says, "Great. Freda brought over a log chain. The guys are almost done."

Freda is the other older lady who lives next door - also a widow.

So if you need any work done in south central Kansas don't worry about renting equipment - just call Clarice & Freda, they may have just the thing!


3 comments:

jesslucas said...

Oh that is hilarious! We need a ladder! :0)~

Erin said...

I love it! Tell your Grandma hi for me.

kim said...

that's funny. i wish she lived closer so steve and i could borrow her tools