Saturday, May 08, 2010

Mommy Product Review #2

LOVE THIS!
My FAVORITE nursing pillow.
Heck, you would even enjoy it if you are bottle feeding your baby. With my first baby I used the Bop*py pillow, which worked fine. However my complaint was that my neck hurt, I always needed, at a minimum, a pillow behind my back as well. I did like it for sitting the baby in it & using it for tummy time occasionally. My daughter still likes to play with it so when I knew I would be nursing baby #2 and changing her world completely I didn't want her to feel I was stealing "her" pillow.

At first I thought I would just get another Bop*py pillow but then I came across the above pillow. The name of it is silly but it works great! It is called "My Breast Friend." I'm not so sure it's my "breast" friend but it is my friend in many other ways: My "Neck" friend, my "back" friend, my "get up and move around" friend. Oh how I love this pillow!

PROS:
Great support for my elbows & arms, which makes me hunch over little to none at all which in turn does NOT leave tension in my neck. Ahhhh...no need for shoulder rubs due to nursing (although I do enjoy a massage, at least I don't NEED one every day).

The pillow wraps around you and can fasten with a buckle, which means two things - great support for the small of your back (great for those deep chairs & sofas that don't support your back well) AND it will stay just above your waist and continue supporting your arms and baby (you do still need to hold the baby with your arms, ok) if you want to get out of your chair and walk to another room, or help another child with a toy, or answer the phone.

This pillow is also more firm and than the other kind of pillow and seems to give better support to me and to baby.

The little pocket that is sewn in the front, perfect for pacifiers, nursing pads, or your cell phone, anything you want to have on hand but don't want to hold.

I'm telling you, I LOVE this pillow and it was so worth the money.

CONS:
The only thing I have not liked about this pillow is it was not comfortable to use while sitting in my hospital bed. I actually never tried it sitting up in my bed at home so I'm not sure about that. Not sure if it was the pillow, or the fact I had a c/section or just the fact that I still had my little prego belly. The Bop*py worked fine while I was sitting up in the hospital bed.

No comments: