For better or for worse, I have a new breakfast addiction.
Mini Cinnamon Bagels, fresh strawberries and a cup of coffee.
The Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for cinnamon butter she puts on her cinnamon toast.
Here's what I did with it...
I whipped up the butter according to her recipe. I put the cinnamon butter in a container in my fridge so each morning it's just there, ready and waiting for me. (well I don't really eat this EVERY morning, but I want to!)
To soften the butter for use I just put the container (lid off) in the microwave for 8-10 seconds.
I cut a mini bagel in half (or two, but whose counting?). I spread the butter on each half of the bagel and place on a baking sheet. I bake at 350 degrees for 8min on the middle rack. Then I move baking sheet to the top rack of oven and broil for a min or less. Pull baking sheet out and let cool just for a min or two.
So soft. So warm. A little crunch. A little like a Panera Cinnamon Chip Bagel (for those of us who can't have them on a regular basis because there is no drive thru and we aren't willing to drag two small children across town and into a restaurant for an 80 cent bagel - I just have to keep throwing that drive thru comment out there, secretly hoping they get one!).
So here's the recipe & link if you want to check it out for yourself. You can slap this butter on any kind of bread you like. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Butter
2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
1 cup Sugar (more To Taste)
3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (more To Taste)
⅛ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg (optional)
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.
Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.
Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn!
Remove from oven.
Mini Cinnamon Bagels, fresh strawberries and a cup of coffee.
The Pioneer Woman posted a recipe for cinnamon butter she puts on her cinnamon toast.
Here's what I did with it...
I whipped up the butter according to her recipe. I put the cinnamon butter in a container in my fridge so each morning it's just there, ready and waiting for me. (well I don't really eat this EVERY morning, but I want to!)
To soften the butter for use I just put the container (lid off) in the microwave for 8-10 seconds.
I cut a mini bagel in half (or two, but whose counting?). I spread the butter on each half of the bagel and place on a baking sheet. I bake at 350 degrees for 8min on the middle rack. Then I move baking sheet to the top rack of oven and broil for a min or less. Pull baking sheet out and let cool just for a min or two.
So soft. So warm. A little crunch. A little like a Panera Cinnamon Chip Bagel (for those of us who can't have them on a regular basis because there is no drive thru and we aren't willing to drag two small children across town and into a restaurant for an 80 cent bagel - I just have to keep throwing that drive thru comment out there, secretly hoping they get one!).
So here's the recipe & link if you want to check it out for yourself. You can slap this butter on any kind of bread you like. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Butter
2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
1 cup Sugar (more To Taste)
3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (more To Taste)
⅛ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg (optional)
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.
Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.
Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn!
Remove from oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment