Monday, August 09, 2010

On this day...

August 9th, 2006 my husband proposed to me.
(awwww...)
Although we had been talking about marriage, we were dating long distance and I really did not expect to see him on that particular day. He caught me by surprise, with the help of some of my friends.

When I lived in Manhattan I often spent my Quiet Times with God at the top of the Eastside of Old Stadium. It's quiet there, I can think there, it is just one of my favorite places in my favorite town and I love it.
In early August 2005, I was having one of those quiet moments with God, in Old Stadium at the top of the Eastside.
Having been single for a good 10 years, and by single I mean...no dates...none...desert people - desert. And due to some other events in my life at the time that particular day I was really in the dumps. I was crying out to God about it all, I mean crying hard, crying so hard I took my socks off to use as tissue (that part still cracks me up, but I had somewhere to be soon and couldn't go with snot on my shirt, so socks it was. lol)

Anyway, fast forward a year, I went through lots of healing, learning, maturing,etc. and was in a relationship with a great guy (whom I had dated 10 years previous when we were in college, but that's another story). He had no idea about my crying talk with God in Old Stadium, I had never told him. He did know that I loved to spend time with God there.
It was August 9th, 2007 and 107 degrees outside (I'm serious, it was HOT that day), a friend of mine tells me she needs me to come to Old Stadium to help her with her car, when I get there she says she wants to show me something, I think she is NUTS, it is 107 outside, but I agree to look.
I start guessing what she wants me to see, I must have been overheated because I ask funny things like, "Oh my goodness, is Bill Snyder in there?" (I was serious - am I obsessed with Kstate football & Bill or what?!) she told me now and to just come.

As I came around the corner I saw nothing, and then I looked up and sitting at the top of the Westside of Old Stadium was Adam. I was SO surprised. I screamed, "SHUT UP!" ;) Nice and lady like.
He stood up and I walked up to him.
He got down on one knee, said some wonderful things and asked me to be his wife.

I enthusiastically said, "YES!"

We got married 3months later and this has been an amazing 4 years.
Thank you God for hearing my cries, the gift of a man who loves You, loves me, and loves family and others.
I'm so happy, even when I have complaints about him (because He's not perfect, I know I'm not either), I know he is the Best and I love him tons!!!

2 comments:

Marie said...

This was a wonderful story Heather. Thank you so much for sharing it. Your husband is pretty hot too. :)

jesslucas said...

Man Heather! I wish I had socks on right now, because I have tears! I shouldn't have read that being pregnant! haha! HOROMONES! Beautiful story! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!