This weekend we had a big party with lots of family and a few friends to celebrate our special girl. Here are some pictures of the craziness and fun! (and a little of my party planning craziness, because I LOVE to celebrate birthdays - Love. It.)
KJ loves animals, espcially elephants and pretty much any animal you can find in a zoo. We go to the zoo often and if we don't go for a couple of weeks, she will ask to go. So I thought she would enjoy an animal/safari themed birthday. Then several months ago I found this dress on sale:
It is difficult to see in the above picture but on the far left and far right of the dress this little elephant and monkey are on there too. SO CUTE! The dress is from Gy*mbo*ree.
The theme and the dress inspired this homemade birthday invitation:
I wanted to order this cake (except in purple rather than blue & with the #2 on top) from Cheri's Bakery (I LOVE Cheri's), however my husband asked if I would put my own baking skills to the test...I hesitated...I complained....and complained...and spent more money on supplies than it would have taken to just order the cake....
but it ended up looking pretty cute and I made the animals on the cake to look more like the animals on her birthday dress so that was cute. And the cake was very yummy. Here is a slide show of more pictures from the big party:
11 comments:
What an awesome cake, Heather! You are so amazing! What a fun party!
Amazing cake!! I totally see why Adam wanted you to do it.
Love it! You did a great job Heather. KJ will look back at these pics someday and see just how much her mommy loved to celebrate her!
darling! makes me excited to plan M's first one! the cake is so cute- but not as cute as the birthday girl! happy birthday KJ from the Dolls!
Okay, I am SO sending you my cake blog username and password and just turning it over to you. That cake is AMAZING!!! I am SO impressed. Seriously. You will laugh out loud when you see what a cop-out I'm doing for Audrey's cake tomorrow. ;)
Heather! I am SO impressed! But it did make me a little depressed about my measly little plans for James' party. Sigh. Maybe next year when I have a little more energy! Great Job! I love it!
You gals are sweet. Thank you. Not sure I'm amazing but I gave it one AMAZING week of time and effort and in the end I was pretty happy with it, sleep deprovation and all. HA!
Abbe - I can't wait to see what you do for your sweet Doll Baby "M". What a princess she will be I AM SURE!
Christy - you make me smile, also I'm sure Audrey will love it & isn't it so funny how I went from thinking elephant cupcakes to this crazy cake, my mind is A.D.D. :)
I'm not taking over for ya, but someday we should live closer and maybe whip up fun treats together, we could be guests on that new Cupcake Wars or something!
when i took a first glance at the pics i actually thought your cake looked better and more professional than the inspiration-cake! great job!
Heather! You need to be in the cake making business girl! Seriously! I love it! Wanna make Brennan's cake for his 3rd birthday?!?!?
That cake is AMAZING!
P.S. We are just wrapping up our time here in Estes. We have had a BLAST even with the two little ones. Let me know if you need any suggestions. Have fun!
Post a Comment