When I go on a trip I really like to drive straight there. Stop for the bathroom as quick as possible, grab food from a drive-thru and then relax and enjoy the destination. Having small children does not work for this kind of travel.
So, patience, a new El*mo doll, a generic travel magnado*odle, a travel dvd player, Mary Po*pins and some Baby Eins*tein videos, a GG (Great Grandma) for back up/help, and a LOT of prayer and we hit the road for a 10hour drive with a 2year old and a 5month old. And you know what...God was with us, the kids did ok (not fabulous but not bad either) and we made it. We had a blast while we were gone and the ride home wasn't as bad either. We did more than just survive and I'm happy we decided to go for it. I'm happy we took GG with us. And finally, I'm happy to share a few pictures/highlights of our trip with you.
We stayed at the YMC*A of the Ro*ckies in Est*es Park.
Here are some pictures I took of our 2br mid size cabin (it was only 1 yr old, and a comfortable, great location, recommended place to stay.
3 comments:
So sorry to hear about the fractured arm!! Poor KJ! I bet the whole experience was even more traumatic for mom, though. ;) We, too, took a Grandma along with us for our first cross country roadtrip with 2 small kiddos...PRICELESS!!!
Looks like you had a great time. My favorite picture was the one of KJ resting her sweet head on her daddy as he's drawing for her. Soo cute! So glad GG went with you!
Fun memories! I will always remember the pictures my Mom and Dad have shown me of when they took me to Colorado when I was under 1. So much work, but I love that they gave up a "normal" vacation to make it a family vacation. Great memories for you and your kiddos to look back at someday!
Post a Comment