Two close up shots of the bedding and the tree I am trying to imulate on the nursery wall.

Stage 1 of "The Tree"
I don't draw or paint or sculpt.
I have been working on the baby nursery and had this wild hair that I would like to paint a tree on the wall the crib will go on. A tree that will look like a tree from her bedding.
So here's the plan....
I scanned the fabric on our computer scanner and then went into Photoshop and played around with the tree a little bit. Then I printed the tree the way I liked it and then made a transparency and then borrowed an overhead projector to project the tree on the wall.
I have traced the tree and painted the base color of the tree. I now need to go back in and retrace the tree to define the leaves and branches and go in with a darker Khaki color and outline and shade the leaves and branches.
I think I am Crazy and I am nervous now I can't pull this off. I called the art teacher from the school I was working at and she is coming over this afternoon to give me a little art lesson.
I really hope this tree thing works out and looks cute.
If not then I am just going to paint the wall a solid blue again and call it good. :)
Above are some pictures of my progress so far.
I will keep you posted.

5 comments:
I think you could leave it as is and it would be cool. But I'm into the abstract/subtle thing. Good work.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I think you have more artistic bones in your body than you give yourself credit for. You are definitely not crazy. (Although I must admit, I did think you were a little crazy when I came home from work in Manhattan one day and you had painted my room orange.) :) I agree with Joy, you could leave it as is and it would look great. Love the bedding, love the colors. Baby girl is getting spoiled already!
no you're not crazy! you won't have time to do something like that with #2 or 3 or 4... so do it now even if it takes forever! :)
I'm so impressed! It is beautiful. Wish I could help! Isn't it funny the burst of energy that comes with being big and pregnant?! Love you!
It is beautiful Heather, I am sooo proud and somehow not surprised by you.
Post a Comment