
I hate infomercials - I REALLY Hate them!
Not long ago I was shopping with my grandma at Bed Bath and Beyond and she really wanted to buy a box of Green Bags, "As seen on TV", for keeping fruits and veggies fresh longer.
Honestly, I thought, What is she thinking? Yeah, I'm sure these bags work just like any air tight container.
When you buy a box you get several bags that are a couple of different sizes, grandma gave me a few to try them out, so over the last couple of months I have used them a few times just to see what I think.
They WORK!
I love to buy green onions, lettuce, celery, and strawberries and these are often the produce items we don't use quick enough so I end up throwing some of them out.
I am most impressed with how long my strawberries stayed fresh. I was able to keep the same pint of strawberries fresh for almost 2 weeks! That is crazy!
The bags work great for lettuce and celery and do ok for the green onions.
Anyway - I am a believer in the green bags and think everyone who loves produce but can't eat it fast enough should buy these. You can wash them easily and reuse over and over again.
I can't believe I actually found an "As Seen on TV" item useful.
You can buy Green Bags online or at Bad Bath and Beyond. My guess is you can probably find them many places like Walmart, Walgreens, or other discount stores as well. Cost is about $10 or less for 20 bags. I suggest splitting a box with a friend - our small family does not need 20 bags. :)
You are looking for Debbie Meyer Green Bags
www.greenbags.com
4 comments:
Several questions, are they expensive? Can I eat tomatoes now? What is the house scoop? The suspense is killing me!
I added the price to my post. About $10 or less for 20 bags.
Yes, you can eat tomatoes now. The stores seemed to have pulled the Roma Tomatoes around here. But you can still get vine ripe tomatoes and they are fine to eat.
funny, i just saw this add on TV and I was wondering about these bags...glad you've already tried them out with grandma!
I love those green bags!!!! In Michigan Whole Foods sells them.
Post a Comment