Tomorrow morning I will leave for Colorado. The organization I work for has been hosting a spring break retreat in Colorado for 4 or 5 years now. This will be our 3rd year at the Young Life camp Fontier Ranch in Buena Vista, CO. It very beautiful there, and restful away from all the business of life. Most of all I am looking forward to some extra time for me and God to hang out. I am totally drianed from this past week. I am also looking forward to getting to know some new students, many students going are new faces to me. Other things to look forward to, they have great coffee there and it is in every building hot and fresh and free!!! I usually have about 5-7 cups of coffee a week but at Frontier I usually have about 4 a day! I love it! :) Also there will be a speaker there talking about our "Inner life" and I've heard he may be talking about how to have rest in your inner life...after this week I think I better listen up!Hoping for rest, relaxation, new friendships, and most of all resting in Jesus.
Hope your week is wonderful too.
This is a pic of some students and I at Summit last year.
4 comments:
Oh, I am so jealous!! But not in a coveting bad sort of way if thats possible!! Just sad that I cant be there. The time I did go was the first time I met you and it was one of the most memorable experiences of my Christian walk. I absolutely loved it!! I can't wait to go next year if God allows. Love you Correnta!!
I am excited for you and the gang! I love Frontier Ranch. My sis is going and I'm totally pumped about that!
I hope you make lasting connections with students and find time to be refreshed!
Cool. I think Young Life has a branch at my school. I might join if mine did things like this. I might not like it though. I'm a Christian myself, but have bad luck with people I meet through those groups.
Heather, I'm pretty jealous of your trip to Frontier. My dad works for Young Life, so I spent most of my summers growing up there while he was a camp speaker. Soak it up! Thanks for your comments on my blog...home ownership...it's crazy! -kyle walters
Post a Comment