Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Thought...

Today I thought a thought I have thought many times but I don't think I have ever expressed out loud. What do you think about that? :)
Here's the thought, "Wind makes me irritable, or adds to an already irritable day."
Really I think that is true for me. Today was very windy, actually as the day wore on the wind intensified. I was a little cranky today but there were times I felt I had my crankiness under control, but when I would step outside, I was cranky all over again. I think the wind is antagonizing. Maybe something like a bully pushing me around or pulling at my hair. Like I said, I have thought these things about the wind before and never expressed them. Thank God for blogs (or not), maybe these were thoughts better left to myself, but too late, I am sending them into the blog world for all to read.

Cranky in Kansas,
C

2 comments:

Blythe Lane said...

Dear Cranky in Kansas,
I echo your sentiments entirely.

Ornery in Oklahoma

Luke said...

Dear Cranky...at least you have a few trees out your way to block some of the wind...ha! j/k. Try this for a positive spin on something that can cause you to "blow" your top.
God and the wind are very similar in many ways. Lets look at a few of those...
They both can't be seen with your eyes but the effects of both can. You can't contain or capture either in a jar. The power of both are beyond our control. If we choose wisely the power of both can be an ally. So given these similarities among others I choose to have the wind be a reminder that God is all around me. Each time I feel the wind it reminds me of His presence.