Above is what it looks like when Baby K helps mommy wash dishes - she sits next to me while I work and last week discovered she can reach the paper towels and if she pulls they just keep coming! She loves it - it's cute for now. ;)
Dinner:
Dinner:

So here is the salad I made for dinner the other night - YUMMY! and Healthy!!!It is a bed of baby spinach topped with craisins, red onion, mushrooms, almonds, feta crumbles and salmon - the best part was the salmon! Oh and I used Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (from Kraft).
This is how I cooked the Salmon:
2/3 c apple juice
2 tsp Old Bay spice
in a non stick pan I brought the juice and spice to a simmer at med-high heat.
I placed the salmon (which I got in 4 oz servings vacuum sealed at Dillons) in the skillet and put the lid on the skillet for 4 min.
After 4 min I turned the salmon over meat down on the heat - skin side up facing the lid and cooked it for 3 more min.
It was beautifully caramelized! And SO flavorful and took less than 10 min!
I let the salmon rest then cut the skin off and cut fish into strips to place on the salad.
I will make the salmon this way again and think I may serve it with a side of salad and a potato rather than as a topping to the salad.
Enjoy!
3 comments:
So I really want to make this salad...looks delicious! But I couldn't find Old Bay seasoning at the store...any suggestions what I should substitute?
Adam is one lucky man! That looks amazing Heather!!! The Old Bay Spice im thinking Christy may find in the deoderant aisle?
HI! You don't really know me...but I'm Dave Anderson's wife (of Bob and Sandie)...I'm a blog stalker. :) LOL.
Anyhoo...wanted to say we use Old Bay all the time and our favorite way of doing salmon is putting LOTS of the spice on the flesh side of the meat, then grilling it on tin foil on the grill. About 6 minutes on each side (start with skin side down). It's fabulous and makes great leftovers!
Post a Comment