Since I was pregnant with Baby K I have been praying that God would shape her into a kind and compassionate person. I pray often that she will also have a gentle spirit and a giving heart.
We met our baby girl a year ago and she has been nothing other than a people person. She loves people, especially children and babies. She loves to hug and when other babies or children are around she will bring them a toy and put it in their face, as if to say, "Do you want to play with this?" I love it!
Today was the first time I ever saw Baby K refuse to share a toy. What?! I couldn't believe my eyes. I knew this day would come but didn't know it would come today.
Baby A is here today, because she always comes to play with us on Tuesdays. Both of the girls were playing on the floor nicely together when Baby A went to play with our new cookie jar shape toy.
Baby K let out a yell as if to say, "HEY!!!! NO!! THATS MINE!" and quickly crawled over to her friend and swiped the shape toy right out of her hand. Then she crawled over and started playing with the toy herself. Anytime Baby A gets anywhere near her toys Baby K yells and steals. We've had a lot of crying and yelling this morning. (all from the babies, of course. Mommy is calm and collected. )
Where is my sweet, sharing, toy sacrificing daughter?
We are working hard to be kind to our friend today. For now there has been no hitting and I'm hoping after nap time that sharing will be appealing again.
Just another sign that Baby K is growing up, forming opinions and that babies are born with a sinful nature.
More parenting, discipling and disciplining are on the horizon.
2 comments:
gosh darn it. I hate it when the innocence leaves the house and in enters the selfish-sinful nature. I will never forget the first time D acted out like that. Now I am just happy if we go 3 hours without a fight!
i didn't realize the toy we got would be such hot item! =) sorry to shake up the house
Post a Comment