What day is that? The day my child has her first fever! Ok, so it's not too serious, her fever was 100.1 when taken from her armpit. But still I have been hoping it would be a long time before our little girl was sick, really sick and now at just 15 weeks, she's sick. Poor baby!
She has been congested for over 2 wks now. The past 7 days she has been sleeping in her carseat in our room. Ever since she has been congested she has been sleeping with a humidifier on (in addition to the whole house humidifier we have. We have been giving her saline nasal drops and suctioning out her nose often. And then.....last night she got a fever, just when I thought we were about to kick this thing. I called the dr. he said we could give her some tyl*nol. I just couldn't sit and do nothing so I decided to give her a bath.
I drew her a bath of luke warm water and kept luke warm washcloths on her so she wouldn't get chilled. She relaxed in the tub for 30 min just as calm and happy as could be. By the time she was out of the bath and dressed again her temp was back to normal. She made it all night with no meds and no fever and then at 8am she had a fever again.
She is being such a trooper, still managing a smile and a laugh here and there but her eyes are a little glazed over and she cries like she is uncomfortable at times and she is napping more during the day. Luckily we don't need to leave the house for a few days so we can stay home and rest and get healthy. We may go to the dr tomorrow to rule out an ear infection.
My grandma said that 2 of her children started teething at 4mo old so maybe there are teeth on the way??? I hope not, I'm so not ready for teething yet! :)
4 comments:
So sorry to hear that your sweetie isn't feeling well--hope she's back to normal soon! Sorry I didn't call you yesterday--I got the message late and have been doing family Christmas festivities today. Jas has a fever today, too--hope they're all feeling good by traveling time!
It stinks when babies are sick, they are so helpless. Respiratory stuff takes forever to get over it seems. Love thes pictures!
Hang in there, it is always scary! Just remember a low fever is God's way of killing the virus so they are actually good -- and just pretend the glassy eyes are because she just finished watching a cheesy Lifetime movie. ; )
I hope it passes on its own very soon.
I hope she gets better soon! Stuff is going around! We're taking our baby Kate to the doc today for congestion and such... She'll be three weeks on Christmas day! I didn't get a chance yet to tell you, but our labor/delivery process went really well. Kate turned at 38 weeks and we had her on Dec. 4th in the wee hours of the morning. Besides possibly having a cold, she and we are doing pretty well:)
Post a Comment