I love foodgawker (see my fav blogs) and I saw these really cute cookies I thought I would give a try. Now making sugar cookie dough, chilling it, rolling it, cooking it, making frosting, and then frosting them is quite a challenge with my non napping baby and the fact I keep forgetting about finishing my project in the evenings. Well today I finished what became a 2 week process, only to yield a minor 13 cookies! Really, that's all I was able to make with the dough recipe! Disappointing! In the end the cookies are cute and they taste good but the effort required did not win me over. Oh, I forgot to add that I bought fondant and colored it and made balls to make snowmen heads and "carrot" noses. After all this complaining here are the results...
Picture of the cookie I found on the internet:

Pictures of my final result:


2 comments:
I love these and appreciate all the work that went into them! I'm a foodgawker addict, too!
oh my goodness, you ARE crazy! but they are super cute, and it sounds like something i would do too...with my non-napping toddler. btw if you ever need someone to vent to about non-napping kids, i am your gal!!! :)
Post a Comment