I found a recipe years ago for a BIG Sandwich. Acutally it was called "Sandwich for 12" but after making it for a superbowl party friends started calling it the BIG Sandwich and the name stuck, as well as the requests to make it. What really makes it special is the bread, but the size draws you in to try it. :) I make the bread on a pizza pan and then assemble the sandwich whole and then cut it into squares as much as a circle can be cut into squares anyway. Wedges are just to big and the bread tends to crumble some so squares are best for maxium eating pleasure.
I have often wondered, and been asked, if the sandwich could be made into smaller serving size sandwiches. Two weeks ago I was asked to bring enough deli sandwiches to church for an event. AhHA! I thought...this is the time, I'm trying it!
Result: possible
Review: will probably do again someday, but nothing beats the BIG Sandwich. The bread just wasn't quite the same. Maybe I should have divided the dough into more sandwiches than I did and made them bigger in diameter and not as thick. Who knows.
For those wanting to know the recipe...that's gonna have to be another post.
The bread is made using a HotRoll mix, oats, minced onion, a touch of garlic salt & sesame seeds. It is piled with lettuce, red onion, tomato, turkey, ham, swiss cheese, and green peppers and dressed with a mixture of Mayo and a touch of mustard.
Yummy Yummy Yummy!!!!
1 comment:
i did this yrs ago just to have yummy bread around...i thought the same, it was just different and it didn't keep well. you had to eat them quick
Post a Comment