Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Drooling...

Amanda was asking for beet recipes on her blog. Who cooks with beets? Ok, don't answer that. I'm sure it's like everyone but me.
I have never cooked a beet in my life and I think I have had beets like twice in my life. Oh, they are around at places I eat. They have never appealed to me, especially the beets that have been plopped out of a can and still have the ring marks from the tin can. The texture of Jello and my gag reflex do NOT get a long! Ok..well on to more appetizing things.

I thought, I will check out what Foodgawker has to share with us about beets and I found this amazing looking salad. We will be eating this at our house soon, I think I am literally drooling!
And you thought a post about drooling would surely be about Baby K. Nope, not this time. ;)Recipe: (as shared by Helen on her blog)
"[Peaches], these were supposed to be grilled. I forgot to light the BBQ, so I cooked them gently in a little butter and black pepper. I tossed them with the salad leaves, some walnut halves, roasted beets, crumbled gorgonzola - all drizzled with a dressing made by whisking olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. A little chopped mint is good too if you have it."
Source: Food Stories

Thought: I think the 1st time I make this I will leave the walnuts plain but I think some walnuts that are tossed lightly in butter and then in sugar with a hint of cayenne pepper and then toasted lightly in the oven would be even better!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Mmmm...I LOVE fresh beets and think I'd love this salad although I don't think I can have the gargonzola while pregnant. Will definitely try sometime, though!

Erin said...

I am going to have to try this since T loves beets...I just never know what to make with them. I forgot to tell you that I made your salmon recipe a few weeks ago. It was GREAT!