Top Three Things on my mind right now:
(You are just dying to read this I'm sure!)
***(Not on this list but still on my mind is "Will I finally win the anniversary edition kitchen aid mixer with the amazing glass bowl the Pioneer Woman is giving away? Please Please Please?! But really, I'm only thinking about that a little. Just a little. ;) )
#3 - Made this last night
Bang Bang Shrimp
if you've eaten at Bonefish Grill - you know what I'm talking about. SO yummy! This recipe is fabulous, panko bread crumbs TOTALLY make this dish.
I will say if you want a short cut that would be close to the original then you could just follow the recipe for the sauce, then use frozen breaded shrimp, bake the shrimp in the oven and then toss in the sauce. It would be very close, but not exact.
I served it with steamed broccoli and fresh strawberries since we were eating fried food tossed in a mayo based sauce, I needed something to make me feel less guilty. :)
#2- My husband is embarking on the "Patio Project" -
this means I may not see him or talk to him (unless it is about designing a patio) until mid August. He is a focused individual. I do love it though because things get done and they are done well. He told me the other night (in regards to the patio), "It's a good thing you're married to me, because if you weren't you couldn't afford me." He's so funny but so right at the same time.
Thanks Honey for saving us lots of money and doing a fantastic job on our home improvements!
#1 - ANNIE!!!!!!
Tomorrow (literally!) - Tomorrow! My sweet, hardworking husband is going to .....wait for it....wait for it....TAKE A BREAK from the Patio Project and take me to dinner & to see "Annie" the musical just because I love it! And it is only showing this week!
I was in dance classes from the age of 3-11. I LOVED dance. I LOVED Tap! What little girl doesn't want to sing and dance? My dance class did a tap dance to "It's a Hard Knock Life" and every little 3yr old girl wore an Annie Red & Black costume complete with an Orange Wig! Is that the cutest thing ever? Ok maybe a little creepy too, to see 15 little girls all looking just like Annie and tapping their little hearts out - but it was cute and I got to BE Annie. Oh man! Loved it.
I had the record - the vinyl record of the Annie Soundtrack. I would sing my little heart out. Who knows how old I was, elementary school anyway. I wore out the VHS movie of Annie. My parents gave me a golden heart locket JUST LIKE ANNIE'S - it even is made to look broken and says, "I love you" on it.
And when I was 8 years old....one of my TOP childhood memories EVER....I went to the Crown Uptown Dinner Theatre and saw "Annie" performed LIVE!
So here I am, one month shy of being 33 years old, and I am just as excited as that little 8 year old girl to see "Annie"
and my husband is going to endure it with me. Thanks Adam!
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love Ya Tomorrow.....You're Only a Day Away!
Off to sing my way through the next 24 hours! ;)
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you--wish I could go with you! And I loved Adam's quote--he's too funny!
I think your hubby must have chosen to take on the patio project at the same time as the Annie project so he could feel more manly. How is the patio?? You should post pictures! Also, I was obsessed with Annie when I was a kid, too. Actually, come to think of it, I was fascinated by all orphans: Annie, Oliver, David Copperfield (of Dickens, not of magic), Mary from The Secret Garden, etc. I wonder how that made my parents feel??
Post a Comment