
This past week I got an email from Pillsbury with a recipe idea that is wonderful! Now at first I wasn't so sure about it, but my roommates and I tried it yesterday and I would say we were pleased with the result. You should know that there is nothing I hate more than soggy bread texture, and I did fear that these eatable bowls would become soggy and ruin my Chili, but that proved to be false and the bowls proved to be my favorite part of the meal. Keep reading because after the chili bowl recipe there is a great dessert recipe I thought I would share!
Pillsbury Golden Corn Bowls 1 (1 lb. 1.3-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Refrigerated Golden Corn Biscuits
4-8 Custard cups or Ramekins
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place custard cups upside down on a cookie sheet. Grease cups. Separate the eight biscuits. Use a small amount of flour to roll each biscuit into a
5 1/2 inch circle. Place each circle over the bottom of a custard cup, making sure the biscuit is NOT touching the cookie sheet.
Bake for about 15 min. Remove when golden brown. Carefully remove bowls from the custard cups and let cool. Fill each cup with approximately 1/2 c chili and top with cheese or sour cream. These bowls are surprisingly sturdy and very sweet and tasty!
It may be nice to even serve taco fixings in these bowls...I may try it.
Now for dessert:
Berry Lemon Mousse Parfait, compliments of McCormick & Company
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
In a large chilled mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream, 1/3 c sugar, lemon juice and extracts (lemon & vanilla) until mixture mounds softly.
In a small bowl add remaining sugar to berries and mix gently.
Spoon layers of mousse and fruit into dessert dishes. Serve immediately or chill and serve later.
Makes 4-8 servings (4 if you use large parfait glasses, 8 if you use smaller glasses or dessert dishes)
Garnish with a whole strawberry w/ stem on top for a beautiful finish.
Tasty and wonderful, a little piece of heaven I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment