Tuesday, February 28, 2006

In Awe... (part 1 of 2)

In a previous post I shared about my desire to really live "In Awe of the King" and today I had no problem doing just that. Oh, what a day, it was filled with favorite things and touches of Jesus and I didn't want it to end and I can't wait for what tomorrow may hold.

Here are some happenings and thoughts from my day.
February and 75+ degrees, I think God himself is bringing my tropical dreams to the midwest! I am thankful.
I had some reading and thinking to do today, which was great because I always do my best reading and thinking in my favorite place and the weather (actually God) provided that very gift today. First I went to my fav. coffee hot spot that also happens to make the World's best fresh squeezed lemonade (I challenge anyone to find better), I treated myself to a large lemonade to go and took a few min. to check out the photography display on the walls. This week's art display is several beautiful, colorful photos of people, places, animals and plants in Africa. For various reasons, I especially enjoyed looking at the photos of people. Looking at these images immediately brought to mind a friend of mine who is passionate about Africa. She has been there and is returning this summer and has a love for African people and culture that is infectious. Anyway, the photos drew my heart to worship and be in awe of the passions/loves that God gifts our hearts and how knowing the passions of others brings an awareness to my own heart. Knowing Nessa's passion and seeing the images of the people and culture she loves, reminded me of her desire & ultimately God's desire for the African people to know, believe, and embrace the intimacy and love of Christ. So because of Nessa I was able to see the photographs more deeply, they weren't just beautiful pictures they were springboards for my heart, springboards for prayer. Also I was stirred to rejoice with Nessa and for a moment share her passion. I called her and said,"oh there is something special for you to see at Radina's. I want you to go see what it is and then call me." Her immediate response was, "Oh, I'm excited and curious. I think it's probably something about kids or Africa!" I haven't heard from her yet but I am excited to know her response to the photos.

After my unexpected art/worship experience, I loaded my work in a backpack, grabbed my drink and climbed to the top of KSU's Old Stadium. Once I got to the very top I settled in, did some reading, thinking and enjoyed the amazing weather, sky and time with my Jesus. Oh, and I did enjoy a few great moments of people watching, I love that!
Later, I finished my newsletter, walked my dog and saw an incredible sunset. I snacked on frozen Girl Scout Thin Mints, a personal fav. snack. I finished the evening having a great chat with my sweet friends Joy and Athena. You ladies bless me, I love sharing life with you. Thanks for the chatting and the laughing...oh the fun.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

What a wonderful day! I am in awe with you!

Blythe Lane said...

Some great thoughts. I love to see how you worshipped Him. Isn't it so cool the things He uses to lead us to worship Him!! I love, too, how you went to the stadium for some time of reflection. Even if it is Wildcat territory :-), I have to say that it's great to have places you can escape to that are a kind of haven to our souls. I've never enjoyed my Sooners stadium quite that way...hmmm, maybe on the next really great spring day!

Jenni said...

Brilliant writer, my dear!

Luke said...

I wish I could see the pics! How long will they be there? I have thought about coming out some thursday b/c my Th & Fri are both open.
'Nesser sounds really excited to go back this summer. I know I am excited for the team headed back there. I already can't wait for the updates! You know you should go experience some of those pics in person...go take some yourself. Africa is an uniquely fragile, volitale and beautiful place. The 72 degree weather we have had recently is very much like my past two summers. Its perfect there! Again great post.