Oh friends, I have to share this testimonial with you!
Thursday evening my right eye started twitching, my upper eyelid in the corner near my nose. At least I think it was my eyelid, but it may very well have been my actually eyeball - too gross to think about.
Today was the 6th consecutive day of the eye twitching and it has twitched on and off all day. Today around 2pm I started getting this incredible headache. When I say headache I mean so painful I couldn't get comfortable enough to just fall asleep and ride it out, standing up and walking across a room sent waves of pain through my head, my stomach felt queasy, etc.
If I were to diagram the pain for you I would draw a line from the right side of the base of my head where it meets my neck this is start point. Now picture a line of pain that goes straight up the back of my skull, over the top of my head and finally picture a circle around my entire right eye socket. An intense line of pain and even in the depths of my eye socket. When my roommate got home from work I asked if she would apply pressure to the base of my head. The pressure actually felt good in a deep-tissue massage kind of way. She started pressing around and discovered I had many large knots around my neck. I finally caved and called my chiropractor, I say caved because my back has been bugging me on and off and I just haven't been willing to shell out the $25 co-pay.
Here's where the rejoicing begins. My Chiropractor does not use traditional chiropractor techniques. He uses this thing called an Activator, I don't know much about it, but I do know I believe the activator activates miracles and that my body doesn't have to be twisted and turned and cracked to be healed.
I called the doctor's office at 5pm and thankfully they were able to get me in at 5:30 today...yippee!
As I told the doctor about my headache, I also shared that my eye had been twitching since Thursday night and wondered if it could be related. He told me that for many of his patients the first warning sign that a headache is coming is the eye twitching (here I just thought I needed sleep or water or potassium - which I have been doing to no avail). Then Dr. Mike told me I probably had a pinch nerve in my neck. After about 5-8min of him thumping around on my neck, head and back with the activator, I left his office. Less than an hour later I began to feel the tension leaving (although I am sure I still have knots) and finally the headache was gone, my eye is no longer twitching and physically I can't remember the last time I felt this good. I'm so loose and pain free and twitch free.
You have got to check out my doc and Alternative Health Care and see if you can find the Activator in your area!
Please note that I do see a regular physician when I have health problems, I do believe in medication. In this particular case I knew the pain was related to my back problems and that Advil wasn't helpin' a girl out.
I just can't believe how wonderful I feel. Also I love it that my eye is twitch free!
Now I am off to bed for what I hope will be a wonderful night's sleep.
1 comment:
Cool, girl! Sounds like a House episode.
Post a Comment