Friday, September 05, 2008

The Big Day...

Tomorrow morning, Saturday September 6th, 2008 at 6:00am my husband and I will report to the hospital and I will be induced. 40 weeks and 3 days into pregnancy and I am SO ready to meet our little princess! Above is a 3D sono pic that was taken at 29 weeks. She has her daddy's lips I think. Pay no attention to the fact that the 3d sono makes her arm look a little weird (that happens when they snap the photo and baby is moving) also, pay no attention to the fact that her face is smashed up against my uterine wall (TMI?).

I have been dreaming of what she will look like, what she will be like and what Labor will be like (with drugs of course, hee hee). My husband is excited too and nervous about the unknown - I am excited to see him hold his daughter and cuddle with her and protect her and love her - he is going to be an amazing dad! I am so excited I'm not really sure how I will sleep tonight. I am trying to rest and relax and praying that God will take over my racing thoughts of excitement and make me sleep.

Tonight we went out to dinner at the same restaurant we went on our 1st date, the same place we went to eat the day after our wedding, and again for the 1st anniversary of our 1st date. My husband suggested we go eat their tonight. It's kind of our special place I guess. Lots of good memories surround eating a meal there. Then we went to get Marble Slap ice cream - yummy!

I can't wait to share with you photos of our little angel, our gift from God, in just a few short days. How exciting!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet Kaiya, push like your pooping and you will do awesome, it so hard for me to not be there. You are already the best mom, Kaiya is so blessed!

joelnjen said...

so excited to hear your big news! i'll be praying for you tomorrow!!!

Marie said...

Best blog entry I have ever read...
You should print that out and put it in her baby book. It would be pretty special to read years and years from now. Good luck with everything! You'll do great... I promise to be praying for you that things will go smoothly.

Anonymous said...

oh, heather. i am so excited for you!

Em said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I've been thinking about you all day!

Ginger said...

I think you've probably had Kaiya by now - congrats! I can't wait to see pics! I hope you are doing well and that she's healthy and wonderful - I know she is! I can't wait to meet her. Congrats, Mommy! :)

Anonymous said...

i cannot wait to meet my lil niece and i promise to be the best aunt possible! =)so we would like to know the name of your special date place?