Friday, September 12, 2008

Pictures of Baby K

Baby K was born Saturday September 6th, 2008 at 2:34pm.
She weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 19 inches long.
Her heart rate started doing some funny things as my labor progressed so the doctors decided it was best to go ahead and do a c-section. This was a little scary because things went from going really great and "normal" or "typical" for labor and in less than 5 min. her heart rate started dropping and then coming back up and then dropping really low when I would have a strong contraction or when the doctors would touch the baby. I still had a few hours to go before delivery and the doctors felt the baby was under too much stress. For those of you who don't know her heart rate should have stayed in the 120-140 range give or take but during contractions she began to drop as low as into the 50's and 60's and once dropped into the high 40's! At this point I was like - get this baby out of me and make sure she is ok!! I didn't say that but I was thinking it when the dr. came over and told me they were going to go ahead with a c-section. I was so thankful they did.

After she was born she cried out like all healthy babies do, they checked her out and cleaned her up and her Apgar Scores were 8, 9 and 9 which is awesome! She has shown no signs of health concerns at all! Praise the Lord! The doctors are a little stumped as to what happened but think because she was over due the placenta may have been too old to support her when things got intense. It's a mystery I guess, but we are thankful for a healthy beautiful baby!!

My recovery is going pretty well - especially because I have been able to get a lot of sleep. Baby K is an amazing sleeper and eater! If she sleeps through the night this will be her 7th night in a row...she is 7 days old...Thank you Jesus!!! I do have to wake her up if it has been 4 hours since she last ate, but the dr. is checking her weight on Monday and if her weight is up then he said to stop waking her in the night and let her sleep until she wakes up wanting to be fed.

Here are some pictures of our sweet angel!

Here is one last look of Baby K in my tummy. :)



She's Here!
We are Loving every minute of it!!


No comments: