
Honestly, I have not tried this recipe yet. However, here is what I love about it...making dinner for two is a bit of a chore especially if you're like us and aren't fans of leftovers. I have figured out how to cook for just the two of us over the past 2 years and I enjoy the challenge. We LOVE dessert but we also do our best to eat fairly healthy and unfortunately it is rare to make dessert that will only serve two people and dessert is one thing we will eat leftover! So foodgawker.com added this recipe today. It only makes apple pie servings for 2! And the ingreds are simple and I am sure delish! I wish I had an apple so we could try this tonight.
The other thing I love about this recipe is you could easily make it for 4 or 6 or 8 or however many servings as long as you have the ramekins. What a cute little easy dessert that will impress anyone from small kids to even the most talented of cooks. Try it!
Makes two mini apple pies.
Ingredients:
1 Granny smith apple, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tbsp. corn starch
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup sugar
1 store-bought pie crust, room temperature
2 tbsp. butter, cut into slices
Directions:
Combine corn starch, cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl. Toss in apples and stir to coat. Take store-bought pie crust and place empty ramekins on top. Trace around ramekins with a knife, cutting out large rounds of dough. The dough will shrink as it bakes so make sure your circles are larger than the ramekin diameter.
Divide apples evenly into ramekins. Dot with butter, then cover with dough, crimping around the edge.
Place ramekins or bowls on a foil- or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
I think another great idea would be to make a crumb topping rather than use pie crust - some brown sugar, cinnamon, a little flour and some butter - when done cooking add some pecan pieces and a little caramel ice cream topping - that would be really yummy but require a little more work.
Happy Baking,
Correnta
2 comments:
These are really cute! I've been checking foodgawker regularly now, too!
So Kaiya will come by Saturday for sure!! I've been thinking about you and talking about you every day with my mom and Mark...can't wait to hear the news!
yum! Looks delicious! I want to try it. Made the potatoes you posted about last night--so good! Can't wait to see you and baby Kaiya THIS WEEK! Gail
Post a Comment