This is not a picture from our date, but it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.My Husband and I went out to eat for our anniversary - not so creative, but it was fun and we enjoyed dressing nice and eating at a nice place while some friends watched the baby.
At the end of our meal we ordered dessert coffee's and although not on the menu the waiter told us about Flaming Coffee and that it would involve a little show at our table.
I thought, cool. I also thought it would be some coffee with a little alcohol on top and they would light it on fire and then the flames would go out and ta da there ya go....At the end of our meal we ordered dessert coffee's and although not on the menu the waiter told us about Flaming Coffee and that it would involve a little show at our table.
NOPE, that's not how it was...
SO they bring out this tray of "supplies" a carafe of coffee, tall wine glasses, cream, sugar cubes and a lighter. The wine glasses already had a little alcohol in them. The waiter takes a glass and tips it to the side and strikes it with a lighter. Blue flames swirl in the glass. He has also been hiding something in his right hand, clutched in a tight fist, as the flames are going he starts doing some fancy things with his hands, swirling the glass to make the flames dance around and tossing a dust, he has been hiding in his hand, directly in the flame causing gold sparks to fly around the glass - seriously it looked like gold fireworks in and around the glass. We figured out later that the "dust" was cinnamon. When the fireworks were over he poured coffee in the glass then sugar and cream and ta da the show was over - and the coffee was yummy! Although you do have to wait for the glass to cool down so you can hold it long enough to take a sip. You can eat one of their yummy desserts while you wait.
I'm telling you this was a fun end to a wonderful date. If you like coffee you should go check it out, impress someone you love, spice up a girls night, or if you don't like coffee invite someone who does so you can watch the show. I'm not sure why I am so excited about this, I think b/c someone did something with food that was cool and out of the ordinary.
Check it out.
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! What was the name of the restaurant? The Flaming Coffee sounds interesting!
Yia Yia's, it wasn't on the menu that I saw but if you ask for it they have it
Post a Comment