Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Get Up and Dance

Well, if you know me you KNOW that I LOVE my old school Paula Abdul workout video.
I'm telling you no amount of going to the YMCA has ever trimmed up my hips and butt like this fun dance video. Plus the cool down at the end of the tape has an awesome (put killer) ab workout.

I keep intending to hang out with Paula 45min 3times a week and since having the baby I have only made it half way through the tape one time. I always have good intentions but then the baby has needs or I would rather make a cake or take a nap. :) Not helping!

Today, I did it! Baby K is always happiest in the morning so after she had breakfast and a clean diaper I placed her in the bouncy seat in front of the TV facing me and she watched her mommy "Get UP and Dance." Now I am sure it was comical and maybe horrifying at times but she hung in there with me. I laid her on the floor next to me while I did the cool down and she actually fell asleep for 15min. which is a fabulous nap!

Now I have to figure out how to take a shower...but I am on my way to shedding this baby weight. Old pants, I miss you and I'm determined to get you back on as soon as I shrink this bottom.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

That reminds me SOOO much of me when I had Lilly (my 4 year old). I had a "Fit Mama" DVD. I would prop her up in her baby swing with books and toys and then do my little workout. Usually she's fall asleep (after she got bored of the show, of course). I did the same thing when I would take a shower. I'd move her swing into the doorway of the bathroom and give her toys and books. Usually she did pretty well. If she got too upset I could just pop my head out and talk to her. Good luck with that!

Marie said...

I'll never forget Lilly in that swing...

Anyway got one of those vibrating seats? That's what I used for the shower.

You can do it Heather! I'm intrigued by the Paula workout video...I wonder if the library would have that!

Heather said...

Marie - oh the video is so funny, she actually teaches you a dance with 9 steps in it - there was a lot of rewinding when I was 1st introduced to the tape. All of her "friends & neighbors" are in the background doing the video with her - and we are talking men and women in workout clothes & tights from 1995! It's a fun dance, a good workout and a great laugh! If anyone tries this, fast forward the YMCA part at the end of the dance to get to the cool down ab workout.

PS Kaiya took a 2nd nap for 1 hour!! This is a record people! And I was able to shower, do my make up and my hair

Erika said...

Heather. I can so picture all of this. You are so funny! Man, I should get my hands on a work out video. malia would probably love to do it with me. :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to vouch for the coolness of this tape. Heather, when I lived with you that month, I mastered the first half of the video! LOVED IT! I remember Justice would dance around my feet as I danced away. Great job on the self discipline!

Unknown said...

Will you upload a video of you doing this dance workout, I can picture it. Do you wear legwarmers? They are soo back ya know. You can borrow my Alyssa Milano workout when you get tired of Paula.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, babe! 9 months to a year and you'll be back to your old self (unless, of course, you are pregnant:)