Friday, October 16, 2009

Amazing Recipe Finds...

I'm sitting here finishing the most divine cupcake I've eaten in a while! I just have to pass these recipes on to you.
The cake recipe can be adapted to make white, chocolate, fruit, and many other flavors of cake; the recipe tells you how. The cake is wonderful because it's not too dense and it's not too fluffy (falling apart & making a mess), you can use it to make wedding cakes or other layered cakes and not worry about caving.
Before I give you the recipe I tell you that you need to get a Wi*lton aluminum cake pan or if you have the money get a WilliamSo*noma Gold T*ouch pan both cook evenly and great and if you use them WITH Wi*lton bake even strips or WS's Magi-cake baking strips the cake will bake so flat and even on the top you won't have to trim or cut to level the cake.
I was asked to make a lemon cake for a bridal shower this weekend. I asked my friend Resa for a recipe since she made wedding cakes recently and she passed this amazing find on to me.
See step 22 for the lemon variation. Instructions also include how to adapt this recipe into other flavors of cake. I can't wait to try a champagne cake with berries! That sounds yum!
White Almond Sour Cream Cake
If you need to make a cake or cupcakes sometime soon - try this. You will most likely need to cut recipe in half it makes enough batter I could barely mix it in my kitchen aid, so half would be more reasonable unless you need a LOT of cake.

For the lemon cake I thought a nice Lemon filling between layers would be yummy. I found this gem of a recipe and it was easy & much cheaper than buying lemon curd at the store.
Lemon Filling

I'm frosting the cake with traditional cream cheese frosting as requested by the bride.
Let's hope I don't eat all the cupcakes before the shower tomorrow.

The sun is shinning and I'm enjoying the smell of lemon cake & cupcakes baking in my kitchen and the sound of quiet while my daughter is napping. Ahhhh.... what a day!

P.S. I just had to share that when I think of Resa I think of 3 things: What a kind person she is, her beautiful cakes, and the wild fact that she delivered her last baby in the front seat of car while her husband was STILL driving! She's amazing! Hope she doesn't mind me sharing that with you, I delete it if she asks me to. But seriously, she should win some kind of award for that craziness or make it on a discovery health program!

No comments: