Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pet Peeve!

Ok people. I canNOT take it anymore. I have reached my limit and I just can't do it anymore. If one more small child dumps the dog's water bowl one more time I am going to lose my mind!
I can't stand it. EVERYDAY that dang thing gets dumped out and I have to clean up the carpet and change Baby K's clothes, at the very least her pants. On tuesdays I watch another little girl and that usually means I clean the dog water up at least twice on tuesdays.
The Fruits of the Spirit are being tested people - majorly tested - and by DOG WATER!
I can't tell you how many times I move the water bowl to the counter top, just in time. But then later I have to move it to the floor so the poor dog can have a drink and then I always get side tracked and leave it on the floor and every time the dang thing gets dumped. And it never gets dumped when there is 1/4 cup of water or less - no, always when it is full of 1 to 2 cups of water.
SIGH....

Today I am moving the bowls from the dinning room to our bedroom, near the dog kennel. Maybe this will work better.
If you think the solution is to just put the water outside, nope b/c then I spend 1/2 my day letting the dog in and out, in and out. And if I leave the dog outside she will start barking.

Honestly, I love my dog to pieces I've had her for years but this dog water dumping could lead me to finding her a new home and it's not even her fault. Ok, I'm exaggerating here but I am at my whits end and sick and tired of cleaning up the puddles of water!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ok - vent over for now. :)

5 comments:

jesslucas said...

I feel ya! I don't have dogs inside...but I would be frustrated as well! So why don't you just get a gallon jug and a long straw and duct tape it to your dog's head! Water anytime he/she needs it! :o)

KIm said...

http://www.petshopzone.com/dog/feedingacc/adjustablestore-n-feed.htm

here is the makers of our dog food holder but ours was not pictured and our also have snap in bowls

kim said...

http://www.pet-gift.net/feeders/specialty/12.htm

I FOUND IT! yay here it is

Marie said...

I just wanted to encourage you that this stage will end. In a few short years she will be helping you feed and water the dog instead of tipping the bowl over. I promise! I thought the same thing when Addison would crawl to our cats' food bowls, then when Celia did the same thing, and now when Ainsley is doing the same thing (and I am feeling the same way you do). Hang in there. :)

Unknown said...

better the dog bowl than the toilet bowl, that was always my kiddos attraction!