Here is a link to the recipe for Taco Soup that I used last night.
Taco Soup Recipe
It makes a ton, there were 3 couples eating it and there are about 3-4 servings leftover.
I made a couple of changes to the recipe that I think made it even better
print off recipe and then add
1 (extra) can of diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 (8oz) can of tomato sauce
Its not going to make it too soupy, I promise. Before I added those extras there wasn't much broth to speak of.
Easy Fried Ice Cream:
For an added treat, my spin on fried ice cream for dessert.
Heat some oil in a fry pan to just warmer than medium heat.
Cut flour tortillas into strips about 1"x4"
Place a few tortilla strips at a time into the hot oil and turn when they start to brown (this happens quickly)
When both sides are just brown use tongs to place the hot tortilla strips in a mixture of cinnamon & sugar and coat generously.
Place cinnamon strips on a plate or in a container to cool while to finish frying the remaining tortillas.
These will keep in an air tight container for a couple of days (if you can keep yourself from eating all of them in one sitting!)
I like to warm the strips in the oven for just a min or two and then place 3-4 strips in a bowl, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle some chocolate syrup on top.
So Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment