Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No Canned Pumpkin...

Evidentally I have been living in a hole. My grocery list for this week included canned pumpkin. I was shopping at a very large store, it is no where near being Thanksgiving yet and the shelf was completely empty. I was bummed.
At the register the lady asked me if I found everything I needed alright. Usually I say, "yep." But last night I said, "no, where is all the canned pumpkin?"
She told me there was some kind of pumpkin shortage going on, but didn't really know much about it. My husband then remembered he had seen a story on the news about it.
I found several articles about it, here is one
Pumpkin Shortage Article

Anyway, now I am on the hunt for canned pumpkin and when I find it I am going to buy several cans and hide them. LOL

I know it is easy enough to make pumpkin puree, but I tried last year and couldn't get a knife through the hard pumpkin. Those little pumpkins are tough little guys! I don't want to mess with it if I can just buy a can.

5 comments:

Em said...

Do you want me to mail you a can? I really would!!

Andrea said...

Ha! This has been a big topic of discussion at Bible Study recently. Good luck in your search!

Unknown said...

Yep was going to make some pumpkin choc chip muffins for our bible study last week, had the same conversation with the checkout lady, thankfully a co-worker had some leftover and brought me some, anyhow pumpkin is back in Manhattan now, saw it today, another reason to MOVE BACK!!

Christy said...

too funny. my mom was freaking out about 'the shortage' a few weeks' ago, and told me 'stock up if you can find it!' and i actually DID see a huge shelf of it at our Hy-Vee this week, but i didn't need any so i just smiled and walked on by. come and visit us and you can have as much as your heart desires!

Erika said...

wow! I also went to Hy-Vee and they were out of canned pumpkin!!