I made the coffee ice cream - actually we should call it coffee custard. AMAZING!!!The recipe is in my previous post and if you love coffee and you love ice cream and you're looking for something to do - MAKE IT! This isn't your typical coffee ice cream that really tastes like ice cream w/ a hint of coffee flavor - no this is frozen creamy coffee goodness!
It only makes a quart (which is 4 cups) but it is rich rich rich and if you can eat a whole cup you have a stomach for rich things that I could only dream of matching.
In the future I plan to follow the recipe as directed below - however when I add the custard mixture to the ice cream freezer I am going to add 1 cup of whole Milk to the mix. This should actually make it a little less rich. This stuff is thick, it is definitely frozen custard and not ice cream.
Oh, and 1/2 cup of heath bars didn't seem to be enough if you ask me - I used about 3/4-1cup of crushed heath bar - YUMMY YUMMY!
I'm not a photographer and I couldn't get the light right so the camera wouldn't focus correctly, please excuse my very amateur photograph - but you get the idea.
1 comment:
All I can say is 3 cm, woo hoo!!
Post a Comment