I'm taking an opinion poll...
Which do you and your family enjoy more
Buttermilk Pancakes
or
Sour Cream Pancakes?
I rarely eat pancakes, I'm more of a waffle girl. But my family likes pancakes and I've been making them more. I have a buttermilk recipe that works great but I've found some recipes for Sour Cream based pancakes and want to know if they are better, are they as fluffy?
Thanks!
PS - I may not like to eat pancakes but I sure am loving making my sweet daughter "Jungle Pancakes" I got some molds that make Monkey, Lion and Elephant pancakes and they are pretty dang cute! Not sure Baby K really appreciates the cute factor but she does like to eat them & I always show her the "animal" before we cut it up. Last week the Lion had some blue pox - blueberries will do that to a lion you know. hee hee
4 comments:
Well, I prefer buttermilk pancakes myself (though I also am not crazy about pancakes). I have tried PW's Sour Cream Pancakes. They were richer, thinner, tasted almost more like french toast in a way...or so said the boys at my house. I don't know that I would make them again.
If you have a recipe that calls for a little less sour cream than hers does, perhaps they would be fluffier. I don't know but look forward to hearing your results.
my mama's harvest grain-n-nut pancakes! spin-off of IHOP's recipe, except hers are better!
i like pancakes when they're hearty.
I prefer buttermilk pancakes but love waffles the best!
Okay so... 1 I'm amazed that you can actually get them to look like the animal without any trouble. lol We had a teddybear, dinosaur and heart pancake things and when we flipped them they didn't always turn out looking the way they were supposed to... especially the long necked dinosaur. lol
I would go buttermilk pancakes all though I agree with you... Waffles are best!! Doesn't get soggy with syrup, I like the crispy factor.
Post a Comment