Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Too Cute!

I just love it when food (especially sweets) are aesthetically pleasing.
Because of this picture I saw on foodgawker posted by the blog La Casserole
I now MUST buy valentine peeps and make some hot chocolate - I just HAVE to - how could you not want to make something this cute?

On another note I read a cute idea for a Valentine treat the other day. I can't wait to have a reason for Baby K to give this Valentine.

A mom mixed up some rice crispy treats & rather than pressing them out in a cake pan she took the warm mixture and molded portions in a small funnel and then placed on a pan to cool. This made the treats look like "kisses." When they were cool she wrapped each one in foil and added a little strip of paper to each one that read, "A Kiss from (insert child's name)"
Oh my goodness it's just the cutest idea I've heard in awhile and I can't wait to try it someday.

2 comments:

DeWeese Fam of Four said...

Heather I have done the Rice K kiss before and it was super easy! Good luck!!!

Em said...

SUCH cute ideas, indeed! Thanks for sharing them! By the way, thanks for your adorable 'thank you' from Kaiya's bday. James has loved carrying it around saying, 'Ka! Ka!' I guess that's as close as he's going to get to saying her name right now!