The good, the bad and the ugly of customer service (well, actually I don't have anything ugly to report - just the good and the bad).
In a previous post I mentioned looking for a sweater dress from g*ap kids and how after finding it was sold out online and calling 4 different stores in a 3 state area I was able to locate the dress in the correct size and get an amazing price deal and have it shipped right to my door. Bliss - my family holiday photo dreams on the road to coming true.
Today, the dress arrived (I ordered it on Saturday so not too shabby of a time line, I was happy with that), SO excited I opened the box. There it was so pretty and bright and everything I had hoped it would be.............but wait - OH NO! It's the WRONG SIZE!!!! After confirming with the woman on the phone 3 times that they were in possession of and were mailing me a 12-18month dress I was sent a 18-24 month dress - and it is BIG! sigh.
I debated whether to even call the store. No one seems to have many of these dresses left and any store that does is completely out of the size I needed so really, were they going to have it? I thought I would call just on the off chance they might...
Horray! They DO have the correct size in stock (so they tell me, fingers crossed!) and felt badly that the wrong size was sent to me. So try #2 is in the mail and again I am happy with my customer service experience with the Lincoln, NE ga*p kids store.
Thank you gap lady!
SO that was the GOOD of customer service...
On to the Bad.
Ok, really this isn't that bad but I think some moms out there can relate and if you can relate do you think we can get the following changed.
Thanks to childhood obesity and the American health craze, fast food restaurants and other food establishments are now offering healthier options for our children. I am glad for this.
My complaint is why do they have milk now but only 2%? My toddler cannot drink low fat milk, its not healthy for her.
So if we are on a road trip we have to bring a cooler with milk in it or pay for overpriced pint of whole milk at a gas station. If we are close to home it is ok for her to go a meal without milk but it makes her happier and a better eater if she has milk with her meal.
How hard would it be for these places to offer whole milk, low fat milk and chocolate milk? Or if that is too much how about they offer whole white milk and low fat chocolate milk?
Are there other mom's who think about this issue? Am I making a big deal out of nothing?
3 comments:
Just give her some yogurt or cheese and call it good when your on the road. Its funny I was thinking about this topic of Customer service myself today standing in line at Hobby Lobby, you have to plan an extra 20min just to check out, maybe its just our store...
oh no, more dress drama!
it kinda makes sense that they only have 2%, because whole milk is such a small window of a child's life...and the type of food they serve is meant for toddlers and older, not babies (older babies)... 2% would probably be ok at this point, at least occasionally, have you asked your dr.?
http://www.parenting.com/article/Baby/Feeding/Whole-or-Two-Percent
I understand Heather. I did discover at H's 18month appointment that we can give him 2% already. Our dr. said she did occasional 2% a lot with her daughter once she reached 1! (She had a 3.5 year old and didn't always want to buy a whole, 2% and skim just for their family to drink milk!)
Post a Comment