Saturday, November 07, 2009

Sad

Well, Baby K's very special "Big Sister" shirt has stains on it now! I could not be more mad about Goldfish Crackers!
I had her wear the shirt when we went to our sono for her little sibling. She only had it on for a couple of hours. There was a snack bag of goldfish crackers in her diaper bag, which I put in there on purpose for her to have if she was getting to wiggly during the sono.
I had NO IDEA she would be so messy with them, especially because there were not that many to eat anyway. I also had NO IDEA they would stain so badly. I have been scrubbing and scrubbing and I'm not getting very far.
The shirt was custom made and NOT cheap and took much convincing to get my husband to let me spend the money on this cute shirt. I am SO sad and SO mad!

I have hated goldfish crackers my whole life, really I have. I hate how they smell (and other crackers like them), I hate how they taste and now I hate how they STAIN!

I am hoping the stains come out. I want so badly for Baby K to wear the shirt in pictures with her new little brother when he arrives. I cannot stomach thinking about buying another shirt like it.

I am feeling guilty as I type this, knowing that children all over the world and even in our country are going to bed hungry tonight or who only have one or two shirts total in their posession and here I am going on and on about goldfish cracker stains on a special shirt that cost extra.
If you have any tips on what you think may work let me know.
The shirt is white cotton & has colored ribbon & embordery on it.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I'm sorry Heather. I get so angry and upset when I buy a new shirt and it shrinks right away, or I get a stain on it. It's very frustrating. I hope you can figure out a way to get that stain out. Try the oxy clean. It's my favorite.

TheHappyNeills said...

yeah, try oxy clean. if nothing works and you really want a new big sister shirt...we should talk. might not be so painful to replace it if the $ went toward orphans/adoption :) or i can show you how to do an applique shirt...i saw that tutu so i know you have basic sewing skills! there are some tricks to applique i can share with you if you want to make one for her!

Stacy said...

Thanks Heather for your post on my blog. The red, white, and black crib bedding is called "Neutron by Glenna Jean". It is on the nursery depot's website at http://www.nurserydepot.com/cribbedding/productdetails.asp?id=1-10001833-10003086-139638-4-1&id2=599-0-0-0-0& . It is the same bedding I bought. There is another one like it which is brown, orange, etc. but that is a different one by the same designer. Hope this helps and best wishes on a healthy and safe delivery!!