Sunday, November 15, 2009

Road Trip!

About 21 hours from right now (2pm on Sunday is when I am typing this) and I off for a day trip. A friend and I are waking up well before we would like to, driving in the cold weather, meeting up with other friends and we are going to enjoy the facinating, fun, funky company of
The Pioneer Woman

She is having a book signing in KC, actually she is having 2 signings in KC be we have the priveledge of going to the smaller of the 2 signings. I am really hoping this means our odds of one of us winning something fantastic (there will be giveaways!) should be pretty good.
If you haven't read Ree's blog, aka The Pioneer Woman, or eaten one of her delicious reciepes then you need to hop on the bus and check it out! She has a fun sense of humor, her writing will crack you up. She is carefree and confident and silly and honest and creative. I am looking forward to meeting her in person and seeing what she is like in real life.

Also I'm looking forward to a great day just hanging out with sweet friends and although I will miss my family and my little princess I will not miss cutting up food for others or changing diapers.
Thank you to my husband for helping make this road trip possible and thank you to my friend Jena for helping out too.

Here's to a day of being footloose and fancy free!

No comments: