Tuesday, November 03, 2009

On my mind...

In just 3 short days we get to have our sono and will hopefully find out the sex of our baby. I'm very excited to find out who this little person is inside of me & will be joining our family in just a few short months.
One of my favorite things about planning and preparing for baby is putting together the nursery. The calm quiet room I will snuggle with our child, the room my husband and I will go in so many times to check and make sure our little one is sleeping safely and soundly. The room that will later become a place of play and a place our child will call their own. I'm not so sure why the nursery is such an important part to me but it is and I love planning & preparing the room.
As I wait and dream about who this little one is I have done a little thinking and searching for what I think a wonderful nursery would be for a little boy or a little girl.
My husband is a fan of old cars, he has a 1974 GTO he restored and it is pretty cool. When I was searching for something totally off from nursery ideas I came across the blog of a photographer who had just finished a nursery for her son that was a Route 66 theme. There are some girly touches to the room because her daughter and son will be sharing the room. But I like the picture she hung and the classy ideas she had so I would like to use those for inspiration should we have a boy. Because the lady is a photographer her pictures are blocked and i could not post them myself but I can give you the link to her blog so you can see the pictures for yourself.
Boy Nursery Ideas

For a little girl I found this wonderful crib bedding set. I love it because I think it could grow with a little girl and not be too baby themed. I also like it because it is not pink. I love pink and love for Baby K to have pink things, however with little girls come LOTS of pink and it's nice to have some things that are not pink.
Mostly I just like the bedding. The curtains are not my favorite and I don't think I would want to paint every wall purple but you get the general idea.
Well, morning nap is almost over so I need to get off the computer and get something done. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Excited to hear your news!!!