I cut coupons. Then I usually end up forgetting them at home or I actually get them in my wallet only to forget using them at the register. What is wrong with me? A few weeks ago I watched an episode of Dr. Ph*l and he was giving $$ saving tips to some crazies. There was a lady who thought coupons were a waste of time (I did not agree with her). Phil sent her to the store with her usual weekly grocery list and a lady who is like a coupon queen. The bill was $75, the coupons saved them $50 some dollars and the total amount due was like $14 - AWESOME! Wouldn't my husband love to see a grocery bill like this? I would too!
I started thinking today I should look for a way to organize coupons, maybe this would motivate me. Here is what I found...
I
WISH I was this lady...
The ULTIMATE COUPON ORGANIZER
This next one is pretty good - except if you look at the link the binder is white on the front w/ silly watermelon slices - what?
Pretty dang good organizer
I'm pretty sure this next one is who I am, at least for now.... it's a good place to start I guess.
Lazy Woman's Organizer
3 comments:
I've been trying to figure out how to organize coupons, too! I've used them off and on, but with me quitting my job once the baby comes, I want to do my part to save us as much $$ as possible! So far I just made envelopes for the sections of the store I visit (how I group my list) and then put all those envelopes in a larger clear one... but I want a better system (the Mrs A's binder is appealing :)) I want to get to where I am super organized and store-hop for the best deals, but I'm taking it one step at a time. Please keep me posted on what works for you - I'll try anything!!
Me too. Let me know what you figure out b/c I am also lazy coupon lady, always forget them at home and remember once they've expired. :( One thing that has worked best for me lately: we recently went to a mostly cash budget, so I have an envelope of grocery $$ for the month. When I find a coupon I know I'll use at the grocery store, I put it in that envelope, b/c I know I'll be reaching for cash in the check-out line! Diaper coupons go in my Target/Misc envelope. And so on. Still not super-organized...it's no binder! But at least it's a start.
Oh Christy, I'm so lazy I have coffee coupons in my wallet right next to my money & I STILL forget to use them! And I love a good deal so saving a whole dollar on a pound of coffee would make my day - maybe it's my mommy brain that makes me forget - I'm too busy thinking about Baby K and if she is going to start crying in the store or is it close to eating time or how long will she patiently wait in that wet diaper? Then I'm off to the car and realize, "dang it! I forgot to save a dollar!" LOL
Post a Comment