Friday, March 13, 2009

New FAVORITE!

Just found this website
Nutrition Data Know What You Eat

If you are making your own baby food and want to know what nutrients you are feeding your kid, this is great!
If you have questions about your own eating habits or nutritional value of your own foods, again - this is great!

If you create a user login on this site (free) then you can compare foods. For example, tonight I wanted to know the difference in nutrition between an acorn squash and a butternut squash because out grocery store was out of butternut and I wanted to know what nutritional value the acorn squash would give Baby K. So I was able to choose both and compare on this site - it gave me graphs and everything! Then I discovered it would also compare w/ the values of Gerber baby foods! AWESOME!

You should check this out.

PS - I haven't gone totally green (although we do recycle a ton of stuff). No cloth diapers around here - I'm too lazy. I'm not a health nut either (I made a huge chocolate chip cookie in an iron skillet for dessert tonight, which we topped w/ ice cream - thanks G for the inspiration for this yumminess!) But yes, I do confess to being slightly obsessed with making nutritional foods for Baby K.

No comments: