Saturday, March 28, 2009

Half way and frustrated...

I have been cleaning and organizing today. I use to be a very clean neat person...everyone told me this would be hard after having a baby, i didn't believe them. I mean, really, how do you take the neatness out of a neat freak?
I'm frustrated because I realized that I seem to only get things half done these days. For example, Baby K's nursery feels half done - still have two pictures and her name letters to hang on the wall - but they just sit there waiting for me. I finally cleaned the master shower the other day (after like a month) but never got around to cleaning the sinks or the counter top. I vacuumed about 2 weeks ago but never got to the dusting then I dusted a week later but will I ever be in a house that is both vacuumed and dusted on the same day and with bathrooms all shiny with the smell of lemon all at the same time? Will my sock drawer ever be organized again, or my pj drawer?
I started a Beth Moore Bible study this Spring. Our group took a week off for spring break - but I am so behind I am afraid to pick up my book and see how far behind I am...but I want to catch up before Wed or at least get close...see another 1/2 done project around here.
We bought new furniture for upstairs when we finished our basement. I need to accessorize and make the upstairs look "complete" and cozy again, instead it all looks one color and needs some personality - see 1/2 done. grrrr....
So this is my rant. Thanks to a snow day we have been staying in. My husband helped with the vacuumming and I have cleaned the bathroom, done dishes, put laundry away, started more laundry, feed and changed the baby I don't know how many times, and all I need to do is dust. Some day I may get to organize a few things but for now I'll take a clean house.

3 comments:

Em said...

i feel the same way!!!

Christy said...

Ditto!!! I'm just holding out for the day when our kids are old enough to start helping out... :)

Heather said...

Em & Christy,
Oh, I am SO thankful for your comments! Really I think of you as some of my most have it together friends - I'm glad to know that I am not alone. It makes me feel like I'm not a failure.
I keep reminding myself that time with Kaiya will be short before she is off doing her own thing and when that comes I can enjoy a clean house but I'm trying to savor every moment of her tinyness & this special time we have together Mother and Daughter. Perspective gets lost in the dust bunnies sometimes. Ahhh...